The Small Enterprise Education and Promotion Network
- SEEP -
The Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network is an association of more than 40 North American private and voluntary organizations which support micro and small enterprise programme in the developing world. The Network's mission is to advance the practice of small and microenterprise development among these organizations, their international partners, and other practitioners. In doing so, the Network provides a vehicle for the collective examination of agency experience from which emerges learning that advances the professional development of its members, increases programme impact, fosters continuing methodological innovation, and informs the policy arena.
- defines and promotes professional standards among its membership
- provides a forum for members to engage in joint research and training
- develops and disseminates publications for field use.
- serves as a communications center on sectoral issues of broad concern.
In existence since 1985, SEEP has built a community of agencies interested in committed to a mutual process of learning.
Products and services
SEEP specializes in action research, technical training, and product development in the following key areas of work:
- Financial services
design and management of financial services programs; financial projections; ratio analysis; savings
- Business development services
research on strategies for cost effective delivery of training, technical assistance, marketing, organization and other services
- Poverty lending
village banking principles and standards, strategies, and case experiences; action research into credit dynamics of select programmes worldwide.
- Institutional development
frameworks and tools for developing effective enterprise development organizations
methods and tools for practitioner-led impact assessment at the client, business and institutional level.
- Information services
quarterly newsletter, NEXUS, reporting on the latest advances and issues in the field, as well as on network projects, NGO programmes, resources, training opportunities, and employment opportunities; annual directories on member programmes, periodic directories of member agency training materials.
- Network development
diagnostic services, organizational development, and training of trainers.
Member agencies of the SEEP Network
SEEP's member agencies assist over five million people world-wide, expending roughly US$ 112 million on enterprise development, and extending over US$705 million in loans annually. Members provide financial services using individual, solidarity, village bank, credit union, and cooperative methodologies; they offer training, technical assistance and technology services; they engage in strategies which link enterprise development to interventions in fields of health, nutrition, vocational training, environment and others.
- ACCION International
- Action for Enterprise
- ADRA International
- American Near East Refugee Aid
- Appropriate Technology International
- Canadian Co-operative Association
- Catholic Relief Services
- Christian Children's Find
- Cooperative Housing Foundation
- Feed the Children
- Food for the Hungry International
- Freedom from Hunger Foundation
- International Institute of Rural Reconstruction
- Mennonite Economic Development Association
- National Cooperative Business Association
- OIC International Inc.
- Opportunity International
- PACT Inc
- Pan American Development Foundation
- Plan International
- Pro Mujer
- Project HOPE
- Salvation Army World Service Office
- Save the Children Inc
- Seed Capital Development Fund
- Trickle-up Programme
- Volunteers in Technical Assistance
- Wisconsin Coordinating Council of Nicaragua
- Women's World Banking
- World Council of Credit Unions
- World Education Inc.
- World Relief
- World Vision International
Publications brought out by SEEP can be accessed at its website: www.seepnetwork.org
For more information, please contact:
The SEEP Network
1825 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20009
Tel: +1-(202) 884-8392
Fax: +1-(202) 884-8479
Hari Srinivas - email@example.com
Return to the Networks and Networking Page
Return to the Virtual Library on Microcredit