Objectives of a Non-Conventional Financing System
A non-conventional financing system, targetted towards the low-income families, can have objectives that are both internal to the family, as well as external:
- To create more opportunities for savings by the establishment of appropriate financial institutions.
- To harness resources where they are availble and direct them to projects for low-income families.
- To improve the financial stability of low-income families by providing them with oportunity to build up savings.
- To enable low-income low-income familie to contribute to the solution of their own problems by providing them with sufficient credit for that purpose.
- To provide long-term loans to local agencies to enable them to undertake sustained programmes of development in different areas.
- UNCHS (HABITAT), Guidelines for the Preperation of Shelter Programmes. Nairobi: United Nations Centre for Human Settlements.
Return to the Documents Section
Hari Srinivas - email@example.com
Return to the Virtual Library on Microcredit