Bibliography on Innovative Communities
To be expanded ...
- Agrawal, A. & Gibson, C.C. (2001) Communities and the Environment; Ethnicity, Gender, and the Sate in Community-Based Conservation, Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, New Jersey, and London
- Beatley, T. & Manning, K. (1997) The Ecology of Place; Planning for Environment, Economy, and Community, Island Press, Washington D.C.
- de Boer, M. (1995) The Environment, Space and Living Quality: Time for Sustainability, Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment, The Hague.
- Fischer, F. (2000) Citizens, Experts, and the Environment: The Politics of Local Knowledge, Duke University Press, Durham and London
- Inoguchi, T., Newman, E., and Paoletto, G. (Eds.) (1999) Cities and the Environment: New Approaches for Eco-Societies, UNU Press, Tokyo, Japan
- Kretzmann, J.P. & Mcknight, J.L. (1993) Building Communities from the Inside Out: A Path toward Finding and Mobilizing a Community's Assets, The Asset-Based Community Development Institute, Chicago
- Mattessich, P. & Monsey, B. (1997) Community Building; What Makes It Work - A Review of Factors Influencing Successful Community Building, Amherst H. Wilder Foundation, Saint Paul, U.S.A.
- Roseland, M. (1998) Toward Sustainable Communities: Resources for Citizens and Their Governments, New Society Publishers, Gabriola Island BC, Canada and Stony Creek CT, U.S.A.
- UNEP (1995) Taking Action; An Environmental Guide for You and Your Community, UNEP, Nairobi
- Warburton, D. (Ed) (1998) Community and Sustainable Development: Participation in the Future, Earthscan, London
Please send additions to this bibliography to: Hari Srinivas at - email@example.com