|Go to ...
EE: Going Beyond the Blackboard
This write-up focuses on formal EE. Despite steps undertaken to incorporate EE in formal education processes, there is still a clear need to 'go beyond the black board' to broaden and deepen the experience and inclovement with the environment.
Some of the suggestions being made include:
- development of organizational frameworks for student mobility, including work-placement.
- structured exchange of students, teachers, trainers and administrators in various types of educational institutions
- joint development of innovative curricula, traching materials, methods, and modules, including those that use new educational technologies
- research internships at university, industry, laboratories, and other places (including NGOs and community groups)
- intensive programmes such as workshops and training
- other innovative approaches such as distance learning, use of new technologies, computer-based education, etc.